Our meeter, greeter and front office maven, Maria joined the POTS team in 2012, and has been a significant member of the team ever since. Maria earned her Associate’s Degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Lincoln College and is a graduate of Penn Foster University, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, joining the POTS after six years of experience in medical office management in prestigious private practices. Continuing education is a passion, and Maria has numerous certifications including growth strategies in business, understanding health care policy in America, advanced HIPAA training, and mastering internal controls and fraud prevention. Maria works closely with Dr. Warburg to develop, implement and maintain office policies and procedures. She is super-organized and is a strong believer in promoting customer service at POTS.
When you enter the POTS waiting room Maria is the first person you will see, and you can depend on her to put you at ease and answer most of your general questions. When you check out with her, she will leave your child with smiles, prizes and stickers. Maria is the go-to person for:
- Initial client contact via phone and e-mail
- Providing intake forms, evaluation forms, and office policies to new clients
- Workshop administration and registration
- Billing and accounting
- Navigating questions regarding insurance claims
- Data entry and processing
- Interfacing with school districts
- Maintaining beauty and order in the office
- Keeping the waiting room filled with the latest POTS blogs, and announcements about workshops and community events
Outside of work, Maria enjoys spending time with her family, taking care of her pets, and traveling.